Visby Program Scholarships announced for International Students to pursue a Master’s degree at Swedish institute Sweden.
Do you have a strong professional background and the ambition to actively participate in sustainable development in your home region? Apply for a fully-funded scholarship to study in Sweden and boost your academic and professional skills.
Visby Program Scholarships Details
Calling for: International Students
Host Country: Sweden
Host Institution: Swedish Institute
Study Level: Master’s degree
The Visby Program offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programs starting in the autumn semester 2020. Check the list of master’s programs that are eligible for the Visby Program Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021. However, only programs related to a number of subject areas are prioritized. Kindly see the priorities below:
- To begin with, apply for a master’s program at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2019 – 15 January 2020.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 10-20 February 2020, follow the instructions below.
An estimated 60 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s degree studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2020. Usually around 6-8 % of the applicants are awarded a Visby Program scholarships. The number varies between countries and genders, although there are no quotas for any specific countries or genders.
Visby Program Scholarships Coverage
The Scholarship program will cover:
- Full Tuition fees
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel allowance of SEK 5,000/academic year
- Medical Insurance
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
The Scholarship program will not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs and is only awarded for programs starting in the autumn semester. The tuition fee will be paid directly to the Swedish universities at the beginning of each semester. The stipend for living expenses is paid monthly during the scholarship period.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study program other than the awarded master’s program.
Scholarship holders enrolled in one-year master’s programs (60 credits) may apply for a monthly grant of SEK 10,000 to pursue an unpaid internship in Sweden or their home country. The internship may last for a period of up to 5 months beyond the ordinary scholarship period.
You should only submit the required documents listed below in your online scholarship application. We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You must complete your application in English. Use our forms provided below and complete them according to the instructions both below and in the forms, or else your application will be disqualified. Kindly note the length limitation for your answers and the documents.
- A motivation letter: you must use the Visby Program form for motivation letter 2020/2021. You need to fill out and upload the motivation letter as a PDF-file on the application portal during the application period. The form will be made available here by the end of January 2020.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): you must use the Visby Program form for CV 2020/2021 and the CV should not exceed three pages. It’s up to you to decide which parts are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered.
- Letter(s) of reference: you must use the Visby Program form for letter of reference 2020/2021. It is mandatory to submit one letter of reference, but you may submit two. At least one letter of reference must be based on some type of work experience. The letters should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instructions in the form and in our FAQ.
- Proof of work and leadership experience: you must use the Visby Program form for proof of work and leadership experience 2020/2021. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and in our FAQ.
- A copy of your passport: your personal data including name, citizenship and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as a last fourth page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport to include.
A complete application must consist of:
- A completed motivation letter
- A CV
- One or two valid and completed letter(s) of reference
- A valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- A copy of your valid passport
If your application is missing one of the required documents above, it will be disqualified.
Are you looking for More Scholarships, Click Here