Applications are sought from those who are eligible for Victoria University Master Scholarships at the time of application, or who will have become eligible at the start of Trimester 2 the following year, to enroll for a Master’s degree by thesis.
To encourage postgraduate research at Victoria University of Wellington, the University offers scholarships to students about to begin a full-time, research-focused Master’s degree.
Details of Victoria University of Wellington Master Scholarships
Who can apply? International Students
Scholarship offered by? Victoria University of Wellington
Host Country: New Zealand
Host Institution: Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship Level: Masters Research / MS / MPhil
Number of scholarships offered: Varies
Scholarship’s Value: The scholarship comprises a $15,000 tax-free stipend, plus tuition fees.
Eligibility Criteria for Victoria University Master Scholarships
- Applications are sought from those who are eligible at the time of application, or who will have become eligible at the start of Trimester 2 the following year, to enroll for a Master’s degree by thesis worth 90 points or more.
- In some cases, this will be Part 2 of a two-year Master’s degree and will usually have the course code 591.
- Applicants undertaking a 180 point Master’s degree will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants would normally be expected to have completed a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Part 1 demonstrating academic achievement equivalent to a First-Class Honours degree from a New Zealand University.
- Scholarships will be awarded solely based on academic merit by the University Research Scholarships Committee, a sub-committee of the University Research Committee.
- Applicants must be intending to enroll full time at Victoria University of Wellington
- Applicants must be intending to enroll for a Master’s degree by thesis worth 90 points or more
Process of Application
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date for the application to be considered.
- One page proposal
- One academic reference (to be requested via the online application)
Deadline to apply for Victoria University of Wellington Masters Scholarship
The last date to apply for the Scholarship is 01 November each year.
All offers for Wellington Master’s Scholarships will be made in late December of the year of application.