The University of Adelaide offers a large number of Adelaide Scholarships International to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education via a Masters or Doctorate by research. Awards are available in all Discipline areas.
Details of Adelaide Scholarships International
Who can apply? Students from all Nations can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship offered by? Adelaide Scholarships International
Host Country: Australia
Host Institution: University of Adelaide
Level of the Study: Master/MS/MPhil and Doctoral
Fields/Majors: All disciplines
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded
Eligibility Criteria for Adelaide Scholarships International
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide:
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and the citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Applicants who have applied for Australian permanent residency status, but have not yet received an outcome, can apply.
- Successful recipients are required to apply and enroll in their intended program of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to retain their scholarship.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the application deadline.
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for consideration until the qualification has been satisfactorily completed (and acceptable evidence provided), or evidence of withdrawal has been provided.
- Applicants are required to have completed at least the equivalent of a First Class Australian Honours degree. (In Australia an Honours degree is generally a one-year qualification taken after an undergraduate degree and involves further study in a particular discipline area. In some areas, Honours is available as part of the final year of a four-year undergraduate degree. It is recognized as a prestigious qualification that further develops research, writing, and organizational skills. It also demonstrates the ability to undertake a high-level study. Achievement of a First Class Honours degree indicates that the recipient performed at the highest academic level and indicates that they have had an introduction to independent research).
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate or if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- Successful recipients must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered. It is not possible to defer the award.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time before enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or over the financial value of the award offered by the University.
NOTE: If an applicant has previously been awarded an international higher degree by research scholarship by the University of Adelaide, and failed to complete the corresponding academic program, that applicant will not be reconsidered for any future international higher degree by research scholarships.
Adelaide Scholarships International Benefits/Financial Coverage
- Fee Waiver: Provides a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy.
- Stipend: Provides a living allowance of AUD28,092 (2020 rate, indexed annually) per annum for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax-exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- Allowances: Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses.
Further details of terms and benefits can be found in the Conditions of Award.
Deadline to apply for Adelaide Scholarships International
The last date to apply for the Adelaide Scholarships International is 10th July 2020.
Applicants are expected to commence studies as soon as possible in the approved semester.
It is not possible to defer the award.
How to Apply?
Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form. Click the below “Online Application” button.
Adelaide Graduate Centre Tel: (08) 8313 5882 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information, Please Visit the Official Website of the Scholarship