The Entertainment Industry Needs You!
The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program, financed by a $1.5 million commitment from The Walt Disney Company, provides scholarships to high-achieving African American students in underserved alliances across the country and offers career readiness tools and resources required to help them effectuate their professional goals in the entertainment industry.
The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars will be selected based on a competitive application process directed by UNCF. Detailed information about the scholarship opportunity and program are presented below.
The Walt Disney Company
Number of Scholarships:
Up to $2500
The goals of The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program are to aid create a distinct pipeline of college-educated professionals poised to consider meeting off-camera careers in entertainment and to help increase the number of underrepresented minorities hired in the entertainment industry.
- Underrepresented African American Juniors, enrolled full-time at a four-year college or university.
- Preference will be given to students attending a Historically Black College or University (HBCU).
- Students must have a confirmed financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must have an interest in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry (e.g. film, television, hospitality management, journalism, media production, digital media, etc.) as demonstrated by submission of an initial essay.
Scholarship Assistance – Juniors selected for The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program will receive a $2500 scholarship eligible for renewal in their senior year. The total scholarship amount for this two-year program is up to $5000 based on financial need and participation in program components.
Disney Virtual Classroom – UNCF is focused on planning scholars to be top experts in their vocation of decision. Accordingly, The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program will incorporate the production of the Disney Virtual Classroom. This online stage will give both vocation availability data, down to earth instruments, and focused on help administrations to The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars scholarship beneficiaries. Scholars chose for this program must partake in all virtual study hall learning models and programming to keep up a functioning status in the program and be qualified for scholarship reestablishment in the subsequent year. The virtual study hall will be made accessible this fall and will enable understudies to create essential abilities and explore the change from school to beginning time vocations. Electronic and encouraged learning modules will acquaint understudies with an expansive range of professions inside media outlets.
Mentorship – Rising youngsters and seniors in The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program will be given mentorship openings and profession arranging assistance. Engagement will happen through the Disney Virtual Classroom as well as face to face, when conceivable. Scholars will get profession preparation and street mapping help from their mentor.
Career Planning – Vocation arranging help will furnish every taking an interest understudy with resume building tips, training for prospective employee meet-ups, and extra working environment preparation advancement to help advise and direct their post-school change into the workforce.
The application will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Students are encouraged to apply before the deadline.
To be eligible, students must submit the following:
- Student Application (include essay, transcript, leadership, accomplishments)
- Reference Form (to be completed by a non-family member e.g. faculty, staff, employer, mentor, or volunteer supervisor)
14th June 2019
19th August 2019