Introduction to Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2021
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships is a program of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships in UK are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Our chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They have wide-ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Details of Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships in UK
Who can apply? International Students (Check out the complete list of eligible countries below)
Scholarship offered by? Scottish Government
Host Country: Scotland (UK)
Host Institution(s): The Universities in Scotland
Level of the study: Postgraduate / Master’s / MS / MPhil
Courses/Fields: All the courses offered at the Universities
Scholarship Value: £8000 per year stipend will be awarded to the student.
Eligibility Criteria for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships
To be eligible for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a citizen of Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA.
- Hold a Bachelor’s / Undergraduate degree.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
- Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance-learning, or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Check out the Specific course/field in the concerned university.
This includes a wide range of subjects across all of Scotland’s universities and higher education institutions.
The list below is intended as a guide to priority subject areas. This list is not exclusive and applications for courses in broader subject areas will be considered. Please check with your institution to see what courses are covered.
Examples of subject areas include:
- Earth Sciences
- Weather and Climate
- Communications, Media and Culture
- New Media Studies
- Computer Games / Computer Arts
HEALTHCARE AND MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Physical and Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
CLEAN AND RENEWABLE ENERGY
- Sustainable Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Biomass / Biofuels
- Hydro / Solar / Tidal / Wind power
How to apply for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships?
For Scottish Government Scholarships, interested and eligible students can apply by following these simple steps.
- Step No.1: First directly apply in the below list of Universities to acquire the conditional admission letter.
- Step No.2: Apply online at Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships portal by filling/submitting the online (by clicking on below Green Color “Online Apply” button).
List of Eligible Universities offered Saltire Scholarships
- Abertay University Click Here
- Edinburgh Napier University Click Here
- Glasgow Caledonian University Click Here
- Glasgow School of Art Click Here
- Heriot-Watt University Click Here
- Open University Click Here
- Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh Click Here
- Robert Gordon University Click Here
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland Click Here
- SRUC Scotland’s Rural College Click Here
- The University of Edinburgh Click Here
- University of Aberdeen Click Here
- University of Dundee Click Here
- University of Glasgow Click Here
- University of St Andrews Click Here
- University of Stirling Click Here
- University of Strathclyde Click Here
- University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) Click Here
Deadline of the Scottish Government Scholarships in UK
The Applications will be close on 31st July 2020