Introduction to Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-year Master’s degree in low or middle-income countries of the Commonwealth.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Details
Who can apply? International Students (Check out the list of eligible countries at the end).
Scholarship offered by? Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth
Host Country(s)/Regions: Srilanka, South Pacific, South Africa, Papua New Guinea, Namibia.
Host Institution(s): The Universities in the above regions (Check out the list of Universities below).
Level of the Study: Masters / MS / MPhil
Scholarship worth: Fully Funded
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Benefits/Financial Coverage
These scholarships are providing fully-funded awards to the selected students which are:
- The scholarship will cover full tuition fees.
- A return ticket (economy class).
- An arrival allowance
- Living allowance
- Health insurance
- A regular stipend
These benefits do not apply to distance learning courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
- To apply for this scholarship, the applicant must hold refugee status in or a permanent citizen of one of the members in Commonwealth countries other than the country you are applying.
- The applicant must have completed a bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree or equivalent.
Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two reference letters– preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language (English Proficiency certificate or IELTS or TOEFL)
The List of Host Countries and Institutions
QECS Awards in Srilanka:
QECS Awards in South Pacific:
QECS Awards in South Africa:
QECS Awards in Papua New Guinea:
QECS Awards in Namibia:
The last date to apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is 9th July
List of Eligible Countries for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
- Gambia, The
- Kingdom of eSwatini
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- United Republic of Tanzania
- Brunei Darussalam
- Sri Lanka
Caribbean and Americas
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bahamas, The
- Saint Lucia
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
Suggested Scholarships for You!