Applicants from developing countries are invited to apply for New Zealand Government Scholarships to pursue a Bachelor, Master’s, or PhD degree at New Zealand’s reputed Universities.
Our scholars come to New Zealand for a world-class education, and they leave with great memories, skills and career prospects.
The entire scholarship experience from developing your mind and your career, to enjoying the relaxed Kiwi lifestyle and culture, has the potential to shape your life in the most enriching ways.
We are sure that securing a New Zealand Scholarship and studying abroad in New Zealand will be one of the best things you ever do.
Our scholars experience these benefits when studying in New Zealand
Our scholars tell us they love studying and living in New Zealand. Come and join them, and experience these benefits:
- You will gain a world-class education and better career prospects: All New Zealand universities are in the top 3% of universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings.
- You will gain leadership skills and practical skills to share with your country: Your study program will relate to your country’s human resource and development needs. After your study, you will return home to make a positive difference in your home country.
- You will feel welcome in New Zealand’s multi-cultural society that proudly celebrates its bicultural heritage. Around 15% of Kiwis are indigenous Māori, 12% are Asian and 7.5% are Pacific Islanders.
- You will make friends and strong connections to life. New Zealanders are known for their friendly, honest and open nature. On scholarship, you will get to know lots of Kiwis, but also you will become part of our global community of talented scholars.
- You will enjoy a relaxed and peaceful lifestyle in a country with high levels of government transparency and security. New Zealand is one of the most peaceful and least corrupt countries in the world.
- You will study in English: Learning and living abroad in an English-speaking country will reinforce your English language skills. English is the most commonly spoken language and Te Reo Māori and New Zealand Sign Language are the official languages of New Zealand.
You will enjoy a good work-life balance
- New Zealand is small and uncrowded so getting around and getting things done is relatively easy. New Zealanders value work-life balance. You will have time for fun and relaxation, as well as a conscientious study.
- You can travel around our country with relative ease to experience New Zealand’s diverse landscapes from beautiful coastlines, snowy mountains, green native bush, quiet countryside to dynamic cosmopolitan cities.
- You will experience a progressive and inclusive society that actively promotes equal opportunities and gender equality: New Zealand is world-leading with its nuclear-free policy, granting female voting rights and the rights of the LGBTQI+ community.
- You can learn from innovative experts in high demand subjects. New Zealand has experts in climate change and adaptation, environmental management, renewable energy, disaster risk management, food security, agribusiness, public sector management, indigenous development, and innovative business.
- You will study in modern high-tech, learning environments, supported by approachable lecturers and expert educators, who focus on critical and innovative thinking.
- You will get good pastoral care: New Zealand educators have a duty of care to international students under the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. This Code sets minimum standards to ensure international students are well-informed, safe and properly cared for by their education institution.
New Zealand Government Scholarships Coverage
- Free Tuition: Scholars granted scholarship would be exempted from paying tuition fees including examination, registration and orientation fees during their study session.
- Travel Expenses: The awardee would be provided with two economy class air-ticket from the
recipient country before the study and back upon completion of the course.
- Monthly Stipend: The awardee would be provided with a monthly stipend.
- Free accommodation: Students would be provided with housing at the residential college of the
- Medical Insurance: Full free medical insurance cover for the whole duration of the study.
- Book Allowance: Scholarship recipients would receive books and stationery allowance.
- The Applicant must be in their home country at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- The Applicant must be above 18 years at the time of applying.
- The Candidate must have two years of working experience at the time of applying.
- The Candidate must be cleared of any criminal offense.
How to Apply for New Zealand Government Scholarships?
Eligible applicants can only start an application from the application opening date for their country. If you have previously applied or started an application for a New Zealand Scholarship, Please Click here for the complete process of registration
For More Information, Please Visit Scholarship official website