The Heinrich Boll foundation offered Scholarships in Germany for International students who gained their university entrance qualification from a school outside of Germany who wish to study a Masters or PhD Degree in Germany.
The scholarship department of the Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to Graduates, and Doctoral students from outside Germany. An application for a scholarship for an undergraduate degree is not possible.
Details of Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships in Germany
Announced by Heinrich Boll Foundation
Host Country: Germany
Host Institution(s): State or state-recognized Universities in Germany
Level of the Study: Master’s and PhD
Scholarship Type: Fully funded
Target group: The scholarship program allots scholarships to international students, both EU and non-EU, who are not educated in Germany.
Process to Apply: Online Apply
Level & Duration of the Program
- Master’s: 2 to 2.5 years
- PhD: 2 to 3 years
International Master Students who gained their university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- You may apply before commencing your Master’s program or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Master’s program.
- Proof of first professional qualification must be provided
International Doctoral students who gained the university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- The applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state or state-recognized university in Germany. Proof of admission, as a rule in Germany, must be included with the application.
- By the application date, preliminary work must have been completed and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
- Ph.D. subjects related to focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be given priority.
Benefits of Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
Non-EU students: €850 per month plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are in certain cases possible in Germany.
EU students: varies, max. €649 plus €300 book money per month; tuition fee not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries.
The scholarship is awarded for the regular period of study, may be extended by one semester.
Non-EU students: €1,200 per month plus €100 mobility allowance per month, plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are not possible.
EU students: €1350 per month basic scholarship plus €100 per month research costs allowance; tuition fees are not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries.
The scholarship is awarded for two years, as a rule, maybe extended twice at most by half a year.
- Gather information on the application process and the requested documents
- Register for the online application portal
- Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
- After uploading all of your documents, Submit your application before the end of the application deadline.
Instructions: For details of application requirements and procedures, please consult information sheet A 1-1 (“scholarship application for undergraduate and graduate students”, PDF) or A 2-1 (“scholarship application for doctoral studies”).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for details.
The last date to Apply for The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships in Germany is 1st March (Annual)
More Suggested Scholarships
Sharing is Caring