The Government of Pakistan announced HEC Undergraduate Scholarships for Balochistan and FATA students.
Applications are invited from the outstanding students of Balochistan and erstwhile FATA who intend to pursue undergraduate studies In HEC-recognized public/private sector universities/Degree Awarding Institutions of Pakistan. The scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2020-21 in all areas of study/disciplines under the project entitled “Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for the students of Balochistan & FATA (Phase – II)”, Batch-V.
Others scholarships are also announced for the Undergraduate studies in Pakistan. You can apply for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarships. Also, apply for HEC Need Based Scholarships and USAID funded Merit and Need Based Scholarships.
Details of the Scholarship
This HEC Undergraduate Scholarships for Balochistan and FATA is a funded scholarship by the Government of Pakistan.
Host Institution(s): Universities in Pakistan
Level of the Study: Undergraduate
Field / Major / Area / Subject: Anyone
Scholarship value: Fully Funded
The Process to Apply: Online
Benefits / Financial Coverage of HEC Undergraduate Scholarships for Balochistan and FATA
- Tuition Fee and other charges (including Hostel Fee) up to Rs. 60,000 per semester/year
- Living Allowance of Rs. 6,000 per month with an annual increment of Rs. 500
- Book Allowance of Rs. 5,000 per annum
- Traveling Allowance of Rs. 5,000 per annum
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs. 10,000 (once)
- Applicant must possess a Local/Domicile Certificate from Balochistan province/erstwhile FATA
- Applicant must have completed a minimum 12 of years or equivalent education with at least 60% marks.
- The maximum age must be 22 years on the closing date.
- The applicant must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date.
- The applicants who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Result-awaiting students are not eligible to apply.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a Merit and District Quota basis.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on the Aptitude Test score (conducted by NEC) and academic credentials.
- Applicants have to secure at least 50% marks in the test.
- The scholarship and reserved seat distribution ratio for the applicants of Balochistan and erstwhile FATA Is 50:50. Placements on reserved seats will be on open merit within the selected scholars only. PM&DC minimum eligibility criteria will be applicable.
- Those who are already enrolled in Medical/Dental colleges and Engineering programs will not be considered against the reserved seats but shall be considered for an offer of scholarships, if on merit.
- Students already enrolled in any Bachelor’s program may also apply. Please make sure to visit http://hec.gov.pk/site/phobf for further details and IN/OUT category explanation before filling out the application form.
How to Apply for HEC Undergraduate Scholarships for Balochistan and FATA Students
- Applicants are required to submit the application online through the HEC website by below the “Apply Now” button.
- HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Applications in the hard form will not be entertained.
- The applicants are required to deposit Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) as application fee in 1-1131 Account Number 17427900133401 and should upload the scanned/image online while applying.
Deadline to Apply
The last date for submission of online applications is Friday, October 2, 2020.
The applicants are advised to check their emails and the HEC website regularly for any updates and are required to apply well before the closing date to get assistance in case of any inconvenience.
Also, apply for OGDCL Need Based Scholarships for Pakistani Students through HEC