Introduction to Hec Need Based Scholarships
Pakistan has no shortage of talented youth, but in several instances, a lack of resources prevents them from realizing their potentials. This becomes more problematic when it comes to accessing higher education. The Government of Pakistan acknowledges these constraints and has tasked Higher Education Commission to facilitate the needy and deserving students through HEC Need Based Scholarships. Scholarships have been announced for financially disadvantaged students of as many as 94 public sector universities and their campuses.
The scholarships aim to elevate the socio-economic status of the students by enabling their chances to get modern education and career opportunities for their brighter future.
To provide opportunities to talented but financially deprived students and empower them to acquire a high-quality education at a reputed Public Sector institutions /university
- Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at Undergraduate level in all disciplines at HEC selected public sector Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions.
- Students need to compete for securing admission at the participating institution as per the admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 years) programs.
- Students in financial need who are already enrolled in participating institutions are also eligible to apply.
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to his/her financial needs as assessed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee. The financial background of the family of the applicant will be kept in view in this regard.
- The number of slots will be decided by the universities.
- Funding for slots will continue for the complete duration of the program. In case any students drop out, they will be replaced by other candidates on the waiting list.
- All disciplines will be kept open. The selected university will decide whether to include or exclude any discipline keeping in view its grant, program cost, and the number of allocated slots, etc.
- In the case of Medicine, Pharm-D and other five year programs, funding will be made available for the complete program.
- Considering the allocated grant, the university may adjust the total number of scholarships to an extent to cover the tuition fees.
- In addition to the tuition fee, every grantee will be paid Rs.6000/- stipend per month for the complete program.
The complete application should be sent to relevant Financial Aid Offices where the applicant intends to secure admission.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD PROCESS
- The applications of all potential candidates are reviewed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC). The committee is headed by the Vice-Chancellor of the participating institution, along with members from the institution as well as external members. This is done to ensure impartiality and transparency.
- The ISAC recommends potential candidates to the HEC Scholarship Management Committee (SMC). The committee includes top Executives of HEC, representatives from the participating institutions, and eminent scholars. The SMC undertakes a thorough review before approving eligible cases.
- After finalization of awardees’ list, the participating institutions will forward the funds to the selected students.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants can receive the Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution or you can download from the link below.
- The Scholarship Form will be submitted along with supporting documents to the same Financial Aid office (at university only) after completion. (HEC will not accept any application form directly)
- Students need to secure admission to any one of the approved disciplines at the participating Universities/Institutions as per their admission criteria.
- Please note that this scholarship program also considers partial scholarship for students already enrolled at the selected university/DAI.
- Please note that under this scholarships scheme, the funds are not transferred directly to students by HEC. The payment is made to the students through participating universities/institutions
What does the scholarship cover?
The Needs Based Scholarship program covers funds for the following expenses:
- Tuition Fee
- Other Academics Costs
You can download Application form, Application guidelines and Deed of Agreement, Click Here