Applicants are invited to Apply for Fully funded Hansen Scholarship 2020-21 at the University Of Melbourne, Australia.
The Hansen Scholarship is a flagship scholarship program at The University of Melbourne. From 2020, The Hansen Scholarship will be awarded to talented undergraduate students whose financial circumstances present a challenge to accessing the first-class education. Recipients will be awarded accommodation, an allowance, and financial and personal support.
Hansen Scholarship Details
Host Country: Australia
Host Institution: The University of Melbourne
Study Level: Undergraduate
Award Type: Fully Funded
Successful Students will be given the following benefits:
- Accomodation: a standard room for 48 weeks each year, at no charge, for the standard full-time, three-year undergraduate degree at Little Hall residence in Lincoln Square South;
- Living Allowance: an allowance of $4000 per year for general living expenses for the standard full-time duration of the undergraduate degree;
- Full Tuition fee: full fee remission for holders of an Australian Humanitarian visa
- a one-time grant of up to $4000 to support an approved activity for the Scholar’s development such as an international exchange, an international subject, an internship or similar role;
- access to a mentoring program, pastoral care, and development programs available to all students at Little Hall as well as a tailored program of mentoring and support exclusively for Hansen Scholars;
- priority access to graduate accommodation at Little Hall should the Hansen Scholar wish to pursue graduate studies at Melbourne after completing their undergraduate degree; and
- next steps funding after completion of the scholar’s undergraduate degree (competitive process to apply for up to $10,000 for a short-term activity or up to $20,000 for further study).
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and be enrolled in an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in Australia; or
- have applied for or be the holder of an Australian temporary protection visa, and be enrolled in an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in Australia; or
- be an Australian citizen and be enrolled in an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate outside Australia.
- be aged between 16 and 20 years of age in the year of application
- achieve the minimum required Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of 90 (or the IB equivalent)
- experience financial circumstances that present a challenge to attending The University of Melbourne. (e.g. you or your family receive Centrelink benefits)
- Track record of academic excellence and a commitment to academic success in university studies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve success in the face of adversity and overcome obstacles
- Demonstrated ability to apply skills and strengths towards activities which benefit others
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and lead those around you
- Likelihood of thriving as a Hansen Scholar and actively contributing to the Hansen Scholarship Program
Applicants will undergo a preliminary screening stage which may involve written materials, references, video or other creative products, and such other methods to produce a short-list of suitable applicants. The final selection process will involve face-to-face interviews with short-listed candidates.
- You must have received an offer from The University of Melbourne for the commencement of your undergraduate course in the year following completion of Australian Year 12 or IB
- You must have achieved a minimum ATAR of 90.00
- You must not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a Year 12 program) before commencing at The University of Melbourne
- The scholarship can be deferred to the following year if there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent the student from commencing their course in the year for which the scholarship was offered.
You must maintain satisfactory academic progress by achieving a minimum average result of 60 in each semester of enrollment.
You must reside at Little Hall for the duration of the undergraduate degree, and commit to participation in a program of scholarship and enrichment activities as determined by the scholar and the Director of the Hansen Scholarship.
How to Apply Hansen Scholarship?
Completed application forms are due by 9 March 2020. When an application form is submitted, the nominated Year 12 Coordinator will receive an email containing questions to complete their referee report, due on 23 March 2020. All applicants will be notified of results by May 2020.
Applicants invited to the next stage will be invited to a video interview. All videos interviews have to be submitted by 24 May 2020.
Finalists will be invited to Melbourne in July 2020 for the interview weekend with the selection panel. Application results will be announced in August 2020. Final offers will be dependent on achieving a 90+ Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) score and acceptance into the course of choice at The University of Melbourne.
Results of the applications will be released in August 2020. Final offers will be dependent on ATAR achieved and acceptance into the course of choice at the University of Melbourne.
Are you looking for More Scholarships, Click Here