Introduction to Cuban Government Scholarship
The government of Cuba has offered scholarships in the field of Medicine for Pakistani nationals for the Year 2020-21. The Government of Cuba Scholarships for Pakistani Students is a Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarship.
Details of Government of Cuba Scholarships for Pakistani Students
Who can apply? Only Pakistani Nationals can apply for this Scholarship
Scholarship offered by? Cuban Government
Host Country: Cuba
Host Institution: Medical Institution(s) in Cuba
Level of the study: Undergraduate
Field/Area: Medicine (MBBS, BDS, Pharm-D) “according to the education system of Cuba.”
Scholarship value: Fully Funded
The Process to apply: Online
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Cuba Scholarships for Pakistani Students
To apply for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- At least 70% or above marks in F.Sc./A-level (Pre-Medical) & 60% or above marks in SSC/Matric (O level)
- All Pakistani/AJK nationals, aged between 18-22 years as on closing dates of application are eligible to apply
Final selection will be based on open Merit
Benefits/Financial Coverage of Cuban Government Scholarship for Pakistani Students
Government of Cuba will bear the following expenses:
- Tuition fee
- Hostel accommodation
- Stipend (100 Cuban Pesos per month)
Other expenses like round trip air-tickets, buying of Halal food, medical insurance (disease or other causes), and visa fee shall be borne by the student/guardian.
Important Note: This scholarship is funded by the Cuban Government, hence, no additional financial responsibility will be on part of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan in any case.
How to apply?
Online Application: To apply for the Government of Cuba Scholarships for Pakistani Students, Please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Go to the HEC website: “Click on the below button to apply on HEC e-portal”.
Step 2: Register and fill your profile.
Step 3: After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under the “Scholarship and Grant” menu in the left-hand side panel of the online portal.
Step 4: After the submission of the application, save a copy of it.
The last date to apply online on HEC e-portal is 24th July 2020
In Case of Shortlisting for the Cuban Government Scholarship
The following documents with an online application form shall only be required from shortlisted applicants via email (no need to send hardcopy at this stage).
- Copy of HEC application form submitted through Online application portal (duly signed)
- SSC Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR O-Level Certificate (Science Group) with IBCC equivalence.
- F.Sc. Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR A-Level Certificate (Pre-Medical) with IBCC equivalence.
- Birth Certificate issued by NADRA.
- Father or Guardian’s CNIC copy.
- No Criminal record certificate. (Original)
- Photocopy of valid passport (validity more than 06 months)
- Original Medical Certificate with a report of HIV/AIDS issued by Medical Superintendent of District Head Quarter Government Hospital and further attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
Note: The above-mentioned documents are only required from shortlisted applicants via email, no need to send a hardcopy to HEC until intimated.
Apply for: HEC Need Based Scholarships
In case of provisional selection
The nominee shall provide the following documents including their Spanish translation. The scholar must provide all documents having attestation by the relevant issuing authority and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
- SSC/O-Level (with IBCC equivalence) Marks Sheet & Degree duly verified by the concerned board and attested by IBCC & Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Certified translation of SSC/O-Level Marks Sheet & Degree in the Spanish language attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- HSSC/A-Level (with IBCC equivalence) Marks Sheet & Degree duly verified by the concerned board and attested by IBCC & Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Certified translation of HSSC/A-Level Marks Sheet & degree in the Spanish language attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Copy of Passport (Original)
- 10 Photographs measuring 1 x 1. (Attested from Back Side)
- Health Certificate along with medical reports of HIV/AIDS. (Issued and stamped by Medical Superintendent of Government Hospital & attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
- Certified translation of Health Certificate & HIV reports in the Spanish language
- Attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Original Police Verification & its certified Spanish language translation attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Applicant’s Computerized CNIC
- NADRA Birth Certificate & its Certified Spanish language translation, both attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Incomplete applications without the above-mentioned documents will be rejected, without assigning any reason and any further communication by HEC. After successful completion of the undergraduate degree program in Medicine from Cuba, the candidate will be required to appear in NEB Examination and must fulfill all the laid down requirements of foreign graduates for registration with PMDC, Islamabad. Further, it is the sole responsibility of the student(s) applying for any professional degree (viz. Medical) to first get its accreditation status confirmation from the respective Council i.e. Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC).
Learning Opportunities Abroad
HRD, Higher Education Commission Pakistan
Sector H-8, Islamabad.
HEC Helpline: 051-111-119-432 or 0334-119432
More Suggested Scholarships for Pakistani Students