We are delighted to offer one GEMS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship in 2020-21.
Advance your career by studying abroad with an outstanding GEMS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship. The University of Sheffield is managing this program for the academic year of 2020-21.
The scholarship is a competitive award, worth 50% of your tuition fee. The scholarship is available for new students joining the University in 2020 from a GEMS institution in the United Arab Emirates.
About the University
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, England. It was opened in 1897 and gained its royal charter in 1905. It provides undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a variety of subjects.
Why at the University of Sheffield?
It is a leading university distinguished for excellence in research and teaching. It is internationally well-known for its study environment, which is assorted and vibrant. It has been consistently relegated to delivering high-quality teaching, learning and facilities for its students.
Details of the Scholarship
Host Country: England
Host Institution(s): University of Sheffield
Level of the study: Undergraduate
Scholarship’s worth: 50% of tuition fee
- The student must currently enrol at a GEMS institution in the United Arab Emirates.
- Applicant must receive an offer to study any undergraduate degree program at the University of Sheffield.
- Your foundation/degree program must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2020. All undergraduate degree courses are eligible except, Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- The student must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Degree programs split between the University of Sheffield, and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes, you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student.
- You must enter a degree program at the University of Sheffield in program year one or year two.
- For scholarship purposes, all March programs are considered as postgraduate taught programs and are not eligible for any undergraduate scholarships.
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
Criteria for Award Selection
The selection is a competitive process, and not all applications will be successful. A panel of senior members of staff will select the most potent forms and will be looking for the following:
- Applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for a course at the University of Sheffield.
- Applicant has clearly articulated future ambitions; these goals relate to the degree, for they have applied.
- Applicant has a strong academic profile.
Process to apply
You can apply for this scholarship through an online application form. The form you apply through is called ‘2020 International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships’ and is accessed via MUSE (our online portal for applicants). If you are eligible, you’ll receive an email inviting you to apply after you have been offered a place on a course at the University of Sheffield. You will also be considered for a range of other scholarships by applying through the same form.
Deadline to Apply
The deadline for scholarship applications is 13:00 (UK time) on Monday 4 May 2020.
Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 22 May 2020.
More Suggested Scholarships
Sharing is Caring