The Schwarzman Scholars Program 2020-2021 in China is now open to apply for International students to study in the most prestigious University of China. Selected candidates will be studying a fully-funded one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s top universities. Students from all over the world are eligible to apply for the Schwarzman scholarship 2020-21.
Schwarzman scholarship is one of the highly paid scholarships in the world. Every year 200 scholarships are awarded to students to study in China on Schwarzman Scholars Program for free. Tsinghua University is a major research university and one of the top universities in China.
Schwarzman Scholars will be selected based on not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives, and positions.
Students spend a year immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators, and senior leaders in business, politics, and society. In an environment of intellectual engagement, professional development, and cultural exchange, they learn from one another and pursue their academic disciplines while building their leadership capacities. This experience will expand students’ understanding of the world and create a growing network of global leaders that will build strong ties between China and the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars Program Details
Who can apply? Students from all over the world can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship offered by? Schwarzman Scholars Program
Host Country: China
Host Institution(s): Tsinghua University
Level of the Study: Master’s degree / MS / MPhil
Scholarship worth: Fully funded
Schwarzman Scholars Program Benefits/Financial Coverage
This is a full scholarship to study in China. The students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- Free Tuition Fees
- Free Accommodation (Room and board)
- Airfare (Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year)
- An in-country study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Medical and Health insurance
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses
Eligibility Criteria for Schwarzman Scholars Program
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from a certified college or university or its equivalent: Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- Age Requirement: Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). A minimum score of 600.
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). A minimum score of 10
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
- English language proficiency: Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher
- Online application
- CV/Resume (2-page maximum)
- Transcripts/Academic Records
- Essays (2)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Video (optional)
How to apply for Schwarzman Scholars Program 2020-21?
The application must be completed online and submitted electronically once you have answered all the required questions. The application form must be completed in English. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting; you may access, save, and continue work on your application as frequently as needed before applying. It is recommended that you save your work often.
Note that the email address provided to create your account will be used for ALL future correspondence about your candidacy. After creating an account, you will receive a system-generated message prompting you to verify your email address. If you do not receive this email immediately, check your spam/junk folders before asking for further assistance. Keep your login information in a safe place, as you will need it to access your application, and we cannot reset it on your behalf.
The last date to apply for this scholarship is 22nd September 2020.
Selections will be made in November 2020