Applicants are invited Worldwide of developing countries for Fully Funded Scholarships, Development Related Postgraduate Course (EPOS) to Study development-related courses in Masters and Ph.D. at selected Universities in Germany.
Institutions: DAAD Selected Universities
Level of Study: Masters and PhD
Deadline: Varies with eligible courses
Host Country: Germany
Details and Description of the Scholarship
Highly qualified local specialists who are interconnected with international partners play an important role in the development of their countries. They are pivotal for a better future with less poverty, more education, and better health for all.
However, many universities in developing countries are underfunded and overcrowded, and also the availability of top-level university lecturers and practice-oriented training programs is often limited. It is against this backdrop that the DAAD created “development-related postgraduate courses” (EPOS), which are closely linked to practical experience. The program supports rigorously selected graduates from developing countries with scholarships to study for an internationally competitive degree in Germany. These postgraduate courses have been going through discerning selection processes and have to reapply to the multi-institutional selection committee regularly
Successful candidates will receive:
- A Monthly Stipend of worth 850 Euros for Masters and 1200 Euros for Ph.D. Students.
- Health Insurance, Medical allowance, and Personal Liability Insurance.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
All students are eligible Worldwide from developing countries for Fully Funded Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarships (EPOS).
Candidates are required to apply for Individual Scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, You Must:
- Fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to complete a study program in Germany.
- Have a Bachelor degree to Apply for a Master’s course and have a Master degree to be enrolled in a Doctoral program.
- The last academic degree should have been completed not longer than six years.
- Have at least two years of professional experience.
- Prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support the process of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
To Apply for Fully Funded Scholarships for Developing Countries, the applicant must submit the following documents along with DAAD Application Form.
- Hand-signed Curriculum Vitae
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (concerning current occupation) maximum of two pages.
- Academic letter(s) of recommendation (the letter must have a letterhead, a signature, and office stamp and must be of recent date)
- Professional letter(s) of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp must be in recent date)
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home.