Introduction to Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program
Education beyond intermediate is one of the ways to overcome poverty. However, access to higher education is itself distributed very unevenly. For example, only 0.4% of the children from the lowest income quintile (from the relevant age cohort) are enrolled in higher education institutions, which is far below the national average of 10%. Ehsaas Undergraduate scholarship program aim to eliminate this source of unequal access.
According to the National Human Development Report 2017, Pakistan is one of the youngest country in the world. Realizing its demographic reality which has a population of around 220 million out of which more than half are of university age cohort, the priority of Government of Pakistan is to work on such programs which give drive to provide access to financially deserving and also encourages gender equity. The strategy is to create opportunities for a sizeable segment of youth to bring them under the net of higher education and create equal education opportunities for all.
Objectives/Aim of Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- It is a paradigm shift in a policy of the Government of Pakistan to support undergraduate level students who after completing FA/FSc./Intermediate are unable to pursue university education due to limited financial resources. Unlike past financial assistance schemes that were aimed at MS or PhD programs, the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program focuses on the most critical segment, namely the 4-5year undergraduate programs, which contributes the most to income of the individual who completes the bachelors degree
- It is one of the sizeable project funding under Government of Pakistan’s Ehsaas social safety net program which aims to provide 50,000 undergraduate scholarships with an average budget of Rs.6 billion annually. Over a period of next four to five years these scholarships will be increased to around 200,000.
- Scholarship covers university tuition fee and stipend throughout four-five years of degree duration. It is a significant step to ensure affordable higher education in all major fields of education including agriculture, arts and humanities, business education, engineering, medical, physical sciences, and social sciences.
- The project aims to support female education therefore 50% of scholarships are reserved for the female students in the overall Project’s target.
- To encourage physically challenged students, 2% of the scholarships are reserved for them.
- It is a vibrant program which will facilitate creation of the competent workforce thus enhancing employability factors in youth.
- It foresees to create drive for education among those students who have discontinued studies due to limited financial issues.
- By targeting most vulnerable segment of young population through this initiative, poorer households would be enabled to come out of poverty, which in a long run expected to have positive impact on individuals, their families and the community.
Eligibility Criteria for the Selection of Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- Students who are currently enrolled in Undergraduate degree programs in selected public sector universities
- Applicants who have secured admission on merit fulfilling admission criteria of the respective university
- Age limit will be followed as per university regulations for admission at the university
- Students already availing any other scholarship or grant from any other source are ineligible to apply
- Students who have secured admission on Self-sustain/Self- support/Self finance evening programs are ineligible
- Distant learning students /programs are ineligible
You can also check: Scholarships for pakistani students 2020-21 (Fully funded)
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program Benefits/Financial Coverage
The Program covers funds for the following expenses:
- University fee as per actual fee as per actual
- Annual Stipend
How to Apply?
All students are required to apply through following HEC Online Application System:
Phase-II of Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program for the Year 2021 will Start in Mid July or in start of August 2020
After submission of the online application form of Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program, the applicant is required to take a printout of the application form and attach the following supporting documents:
1. Copy of applicant CNIC / B. Form
2. Copy of CNIC (Father, Mother/ Guardian)
3. Salary Slip / Income Certificate (Father/Guardian, Mother)
4. If the father is Labourer on a daily-wage / shopkeeper / private job, then attach undertaking of Income Certificate on the minimum amount of stamp paper of Rs. 50/-
5. Copies of last Six Month Utility Bills (Electricity, Gas, Telephone, Water) – (If applicable)
6. Copy of Rent agreement in case of Rented House
7. Copies of Last Fee Receipts of Applicant and Siblings (If applicable)
8. Copies of Medical bills/ expenditure related documents (if applicable)
9. 01 Passport size Photograph of Applicant
10. 01 Picture of House from outside Front
Important Note: The hard copy of the application form along with the supporting documents will be submitted to the Student Financial Aid Office of the university only.
Phase-II of Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program for the Year 2021 will Start in Mid July or in start of August 2020.
Scholarship Award Process
- All students are required to apply through https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/ online system.
- The applications of all potential candidates will be reviewed by the scrutiny committee and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC) at the respective University/Institution. The committee will be headed by the Vice Chancellor/Head of Institution
- The ISAC will recommend potential candidates to HEC.
- Scholarships shall be awarded after finalization and the approval
- Scholarship funding shall continue for next semester/ year subject to satisfactory academic performance
List of Eligible Universities
1 Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
2 University of the Punjab, Lahore
3 National University of Sciences & Technology, Islamabad
4 University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
5 COMSATS University, Islamabad
6 Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PlEAS), Islamabad
7 University of Karachi, Karachi
8 University of Health Sciences, Lahore
9 University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore
10 Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi.
11 Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad
12 Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
13 GCU Faisalabad
14 University of Peshawar, Peshawar
15 The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
16 Institute Of Business Administration, Karachi
17 The University of Agriculture, Peshawar
18 University of Science & Technology, Bannu
19 International Islamic University Islamabad
20 Government College University, Lahore
21 University of Sargodha, Sargodha
22 University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
23 Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan
24 University of Malakand, Chakdara
25 University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad
26 Khyber Medical University, Peshawar
27 University of Gujrat, Gujrat
28 Kohat University of Science & Technology, Kohat
29 University Of Sindh, Jamshoro
30 Lahore College for Women University, Lahore
31 University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar
32 Dow University Of Health Sciences, Karachi
33 Mehran University Of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro
34 Bahria University, Islamabad
35 Hazara University, Mansehra
36 Gomal University, D.I.Khan
37 Air University, Islamabad
38 Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology, Karachi
39 National Defence University, Islamabad
40 NED University Of Engineering & Technology, Karachi
41 Islamia College, Peshawar
42 University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila
43 Sukkur IBA University, Sukkur
44 Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur
45 National University of Modern Languages, Islamabad
46 Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam
47 University of Balochistan, Quetta
48 Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences (BUITEMS), Quetta
49 National Textile University, Faisalabad
50 Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi
51 Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar
52 King Edward Medical University, Lahore
53 Liaquat University Of Medical & Health Sciences, Jamshoro
54 Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University, Peshawar
55 Quaid-e-Awam Univeristy of Engineering, Science & Technology, Nawabshah
56 Balochistan University of Engineering & Technology, Khuzdar
57 University of Education, Lahore
58 Dawood University Of Engineering & Technology, Karachi
59 Karakoram International University Gilgit
60 Kinnaird College For Women, Lahore
61 Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water & Marine Sciences, Uthal
62 Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University, Larkana
63 Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal
64 Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University Quetta
65 Mirpur University of Science & Technology (MUST), Mirpur
66 National College of Arts, Lahore
67 Peoples University Of Medical & Health Sciences, Nawabshah Shaheed Benazirabad
68 Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University, Lyari Karachi
69 Abbottabad University of Science & Technology, Abbottabad
70 Bacha Khan University, Charsadda
71 FATA University, Kohat
72 Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Lahore
73 Ghazi University, D. G. Khan
74 Government College Women University, Faisalabad
75 Government College Women University, Sialkot
76 Government Sadiq College for Women University, Bahawalpur
77 Information Technology University, Lahore
78 Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachi
79 Khushal Khan Khattak University Karak
80 Khwaja Fareed UET, Rahim Yar Khan
81 Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Agriculture, Multan
82 Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Engineering and Technology, Multan
83 National Univesity of Medical Sciences, Rawalpindi
84 NFC Institute of Engineering and Technology, Multan
85 Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, Lahore
86 Pir Abdul Qadir Shah Jeelani Institute Of Medical Sciences, Gambat
87 Rawalpindi Medical University, Rawalpindi
88 Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University & Animal Science, Sakrand
89 Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Shaheed Benazirabad
90 Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Islamabad
91 Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto University Of Law, Clifton, Karachi
92 Shuhada-e-APS University of Technology, Nowshera
93 Sindh Madressatul Islam University, Karachi
94 The Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University Of Technology And Skill Development, Khairpur Mirs
95 The Women University Multan
96 University of Baltistan, Skardu
97 University of Engineering & Technology, Mardan
98 University of Haripur, Haripur
99 University of Kotli AJ&K
100 University of Loralai, Loralai
101 University of Swabi, Swabi
102 University of Swat, Swat
103 University of The Poonch, Rawalakot
104 University of Turbat, Turbat
105 Women University, Bagh
106 Women University, Mardan
107 Women University, Swabi
108 National University of Technology, Islamabad
109 The Bolan University of Medical and Health Sciences
110 University of Okara, Okara
111 University of Sahiwal, Sahiwal
112 Cholistan University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur
113 Nishtar Medical University, Multan
114 The University of Lakki Marwat
115 University of Buner, Buner
116 University of Chitral, Chitral
117 University of Sufism and Modern Sciences, Bhit Shah
118 Punjab Tianjin University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
How can Io apply for EHSAAS Undergraduate Scholarship?
Please apply online at http://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk
Do I have to submit hard copy of the application?
|Yes, every applicant is required to take printout of the submitted online application and submit hard copy along with the supporting documents to the student financial aid office of the university.|
|03||Can a distant learning student apply for the scholarship?||No, distant learning students are not eligible|
Can a dual nationality holder apply for this scholarship?
|No, dual nationality holder cannot apply for this scholarship.|
|05||What is the quota for disable students in EHSAAS Undergraduate program?||2% of the scholarships will be reserved for the physically disabled students subject to availability of disability authentic and verifiable certificate issued.|
|06||What is the quota for female students in EHSAAS Undergraduate program?||50 % of the scholarships are reserved for female students|
|07||If an applicant is already availing a scholarship, can he/she apply for this scholarship?|| |
No, an applicant cannot apply for this scholarship if he/she is already availing some other scholarship.
Is the scholarship is fully funded?
|The Scholarship only covers Tuition fee in actual along with annual stipend.|
What is the duration of the program?
|The duration of the program is four –five years.|
|10||Is there any fees requirement for online application?||No fees is required to submit your application on online Portal.|
Do candidate need to submit hard copies of the document to the HEC?
|No; HEC will not accept any documentation.|
|12||What is the deadline to apply for the scholarship?|| |
Deadline to apply for the scholarship is 10th December, 2019.
|13||Students who are already enrolled in public university can apply for scholarship?||Yes , students who are already enrolled in public university/institution can apply for scholarship|
|14||Is there any Age limit defined for the scholarship?||Age limit will be followed as per university regulations i.e. maximum age under which an applicant is allowed to take admission for offered Undergraduate programs at the university|
|16||Can I apply directly to Higher Education Commission?||HEC do not entertain direct application forms. HEC only accept applications through partner universities/institutions as mentioned in list on website/advertisement.|
|17||Which are the Selected Participating Universities/Institutions?||The detail of selected participating universities/institutions is available on the official website of Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.|
|18||Can I submit application after the deadline?||Application after the university’s/institution’s deadline will not be entertained; therefore, we encourage you to submit application well before the deadline in order to avoid any inconvenience.|
If I get supporting documents late will it negatively impact on my application?
Shortlisting for the scholarship awards is subject to the criteria according to merit and financial assistance need. It is in your best interest to apply and submit all the required documents early.
Please make sure that you strictly follow the deadline for the submission of scholarship application form along with the necessary supporting documents.
After getting scholarship, do I need to re-apply every year?
|Once you selected under this scholarship program, you don’t need to apply again every year|
|24||Is it possible to transfer the awarded scholarship from selected University/Institution to other University/Institution?||As per provision, it’s not possible to transfer the scholarship from selected University/Institution to any other University/Institution.|
|25||I am a student from Baluchistan, can I apply for the university/institution in Punjab or in any other province of Pakistan?||Yes. You can apply in any Partner University/institution located in any Province of Pakistan.|
|26||My admission is in process for fall session, am I eligible to apply for scholarship?||Yes, you are eligible to apply subject to eligibility terms and conditions|
|27||What is gross monthly income?||Gross monthly income is the amount of income earned in one month, before taxes or deductions are taken out.|
|28||What is net monthly income?||Net monthly income is the amount of money you actually take home after taxes and deductions|
For any query please contact on HEC helpline: