Applications are invited for the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Scholarships for Post-Graduate studies at CGI. The CGI Post-graduate Scholarship Program offered for a Master’s degree in various fields of study.
All the awards will be made based on academic qualification, merit, and potential of the applicant and likely the impact of the work on the development of Pakistan.
Details of Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Scholarships
Who can apply? Nationals of Pakistan/AJK
Scholarship offered by? Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Post-graduate Scholarship Program
Host Country: Thailand
Host Institution: Chulabhorn Graduate Institute
Level of the study: Master’s / MS / MPhil (18 years of education)
Scholarship value: Fully funded
You can also apply for Government of Cuba Scholarships for Pakistani Students and Fully Funded Scholarships for Pakistani Students 2020-2021
Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Scholarships Benefits / Financial Coverage
The Scholarship will cover:
- Full tuition fee
- Other academic fees
- Round airfare ticket
- Books allowance
- Health insurance
- Monthly stipend
- and other expenses
Eligibility Criteria for Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Scholarships
Scholarships are open to the Pakistani/AJK applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Under 30 years of age as on 30th October 2020.
- Hold 16 years Bachelor Degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00/4.00 in one of the following fields:
- Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences.
- Medical Sciences: Medicine, Medical Technology
- Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Have experience in scientific laboratory research
- Applicants must have demonstrated English proficiency, preferably on one of two recognized test of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Applicants must provide a statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study
The award is tenable for a period of six weeks refresher courses in June 2021 followed by a period of 2 years of Master’s Degree, subject to an annual review of the scholar’s satisfactory progress. Refresher will tentatively commence in June 2021 while the academic program will commence in August 2021.
Fields of Study
- Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health
- Environmental Toxicology
- Chemical Science
The process to apply for Chulabhorn Graduate Scholarships for Pakistani Students
CGI scholarship application form and medical history and report can be downloaded from here.
- CGI application form (Click here)
- Medical history and report form (Click here)
- Apply online at the HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad”. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed & stamped by an employer (if employed already). Attach the deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd across Pakistan.
For your own convenience, please keep ready two sets of CGI application form (printed copy) in a separate spiral binding along-with following documents:
- Statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study.
- Research proposal.
- Attested copies of all Academic Degrees & Transcripts.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Three Letter of Recommendation (academic or professional)
- Medical certificate.
- Certificate of English language proficiency preferably TOEFL or IELTS.
- NOC from employer (for serving candidates)
- One copy of the HEC application form with bank deposit slip (in original) separately.
However, at the time of online application to HEC, you need not send the hard copies of the above-mentioned documents. The above documents will be asked by HEC from the shortlisted applicants only at a later stage of the selection process.
The deadline to submit the online application on the HEC portal is 31st August 2020.
- No Application documents mentioned above will be returned whether the application is successful or not.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of selection criteria defined by CGI, highest academic merit, test/interview, and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students by CGI.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after the due date will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has a facilitation role in the nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of the final award, selected candidates will not be able to withdraw, otherwise, HEC reserve the right to put penalty including impose a ban for future scholarship award.