The Asian Development Bank Scholarship in New Zealand is Now Open at the University of Auckland. The Asian Development Bank Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship offered for the International Students to Study in New Zealand. ADB will cover all the expenses of the selected participants to study in New Zealand.
The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Japanese government. The aim is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Asian Development Bank Scholarship in New Zealand Details
- Calling for: International Students
- Scholarship offered by: Asian Development Bank
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Host Institution: University of Auckland
- Scholarship worth: Fully Funded
- Level of the Study: Master / MS / MPhil
Benefits of the Asian Development Bank Scholarship
- The scholarship will cover the full Tuition fee.
- Medical and Health Insurance in New Zealand.
- Accommodation or living allowance.
- Travel allowance: Airfare from the scholar’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand. Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar’s home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. Check out the list of eligible countries at the end.
- Have gained admission to an approved master’s at an approved academic institution.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Be proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the program.
Available Field of Study Offering
ADB is offering the Following Fields to Study at the University of Auckland New Zealand:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters programs in Engineering.
To be considered for the Asian Development Bank scholarship, you must submit the following documentation in full before the closing date:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Completed ADB-JSP Application Form
- Copy of your offer letter to the University of Auckland
- Academic documentation – both academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Certificate of Employment for the duration of employment issued by the company
- Certificate of Income issued by the company
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parents’ or spouses’ annual/monthly income.
- Copy of your Passport
- Valid IELTS test
- Applications for study commencing in 2021 will close 19 July 2020.
- Selection for the scholarship will take place between 22 July – 27 September 2020.
- Successful applicants will be notified by November 2020.
If we require further information and documentation from you, we will be in touch via email. Otherwise, all applicants will be notified of the outcome by November 2020.
All of the above documents must be submitted in full by post and received by the University of Auckland no later than 19 July 2020:
Applications and Admissions
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
For More Details of the Scholarships, Please Visit
More Suggested Scholarships
The List of ADB Member Countries
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam